Friday, July 24, 2009

I usually hate "Mash Ups", but...


I've been on a serious Maiden kick in the last few weeks since I saw Flight 666. Fear of the Dark is actually playing as I type this. Fortunately my office mates love Maiden, too and one of them sent me this last night.

I've hated The Monkees since this girl I was dating in college made me drive her 3 hours to Kent, Ohio, just to meet with her boyfriend, leaving me in a house filled with skinheads drinking vodka and listening to "I'm a Believer." That being said, however, I think this is brilliant.


Here's a another Maiden video from YouTube I thought was funny:




Ever wonder what happened to Blaze Bayley? He mumbles at high schools over England, of course!



Speaking of England, Mark Cavendish needs braces.



10 comments:

  1. This mash-up is really good. The lyrics fit perfectly on the music! Probably the best find for a metal band mash up I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought cavendish had nice teeth, for a brit. or manx. whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was awesome how bruce fell over, and he didnt even miss a word...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love (nice) mash-ups, this one is really cool.
    And why the hate for your ex-wife?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at that MSG show where the power went out, and some of the other stuff that went on was even funnier than what got into that YouTube clip...at one point they brought a soccer ball onstage and Bruce and one of the other guys (Steve Harris, I think) were using the big Powerslave mummy cases to knock it back and forth like the stage was a giant foosball table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanx for the feature,
    schmolli

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny, I have been on a total Maiden kick since watching Flight 666 also. The mash up is pretty cool but I am surprised they didn't include the German TV clip of Wasted years.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS7W-OiPwjo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How does one stumble upon the lone voice track for the trooper in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such interesting post always my choice .

    ReplyDelete