Friday, February 15, 2008

Max and Igor Cavalera Back Together Again!



Oh, wait. I forgot, it’s 2008 and NO ONE GIVES A SHIT. Will once-relevant, former metal icons ever stop trying to revive their careers? At least in this case, I guess not as Max and Igor have put aside their differences and recruited two hacks and formed the Cavalera Conspiracy. Apparently their name was originally Inflikted (possibly the worst thing about the proliferation of nu-metal is the tendency to intentionally misspell words for emotional impact), but had to be changed due to legal reasons. I can only assume that Max and Igor were sued by some young legal maverick for emotional distress.

For you, our loyal readers, I have put my own physical and mental well being in jeopardy and decided to actually sit down and listen to the Cavalera Conspiracy’s upcoming full length record, “Inflikted.” Or at least I tried. I made it about halfway through the album before I had to stop or risk being fired for throwing my work computer across the office. This shit sucks and it sucks HARD. Musically, I’d say this album fits somewhere between the heavily Korn-influenced tribal metal of Sepultura’s “Roots” and the heavily Korn-influenced tribal metal of Soulfly. DO NOT WANT.

In case you don’t believe me, see for yourself. Here’s a video of the Cavalera Conspiracy performing the title track off “Inflikted” at the 11th Annual D-Low (Max’s slain stepson) Memorial. Rock those four strings!

4 comments:

  1. Dammit. I really liked the record and disagreed with you until I watched that video. Now I can't hear it without thinking about the Wigger guitarist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I can't wait for Mindfunk to get the original lineup back together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what better way to piss on your dead son's grave than by calling him "d-low"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd just like to say that the bass player for this "supergroup" is not a hack, he's from Gojira, who slay pretty goddamn hard. As for everything else: Sepultura sucks. Soulfly sucks. The Cavaleras suck. I want to burn Max's dead stepson's corpse on his front yard to open his eyes to the douche-nozzle-gasm that is his life

    ReplyDelete