Monday, February 25, 2008

Vengance Rising's Roger Martinez, The World's Most Annoying Human Being. Period.



This video serves as proof that, as the title of this post states, Roger Martinez of the band Vengance Rising is without a doubt the world's most annoying human being. His cadence, his overuse of the phrases "what have you", "boils down to", as well as the word "jams" are enough to drive anyone into a violent rage. Who the hell would ever say "that which shreds"?

The video also shows that he's a bit of a nut, something that would become very clear years later when Roger became a Satanist, and made death threats against the singer of the band Mortification. In 2001, after the September 11 attacks, he gave out free albums to people in the military in order to wage a "holy war against Christians". Glen Benton would be proud.

8 comments:

  1. i KNEW it was a matter of time before this clip ended up here. what a jem. "if it's a jam, it's a jam"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video all boils down to one of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life. Amazing. And I had no idea this dude became a satanist later. I'll have to read up on that. There was about 5 minutes when I was a kid that I listened to this band and Tourniquet and all that shit and thought it was so great. I should revisit all that stuff just to see what I'd think... errr... how it all boils down today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow he sure like to use the phrase "godflesh and what have you." i mean, how many times have you heard that phrase used TWICE in 20 seconds?!

    also, "the full on rippin' jams." holy shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I remember the video that was on. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first time I met Roger was at Creation 93, he had a stand set up on the side of a hill there. We talked about a bunch of different stuff for a good while. He was really all down to earth, very cool, nice and quite mellow unlike in this video and as of lately his crazy rants. I just hope and pray that someday he smells the coffee again an comes back down to earth like when I met him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roger "Malapropos" Martinez...
    ("malapropos" = the adverbial form of the noun "malaprop" (defined as the mistaken use of a word in place of a similar-sounding one, often with an unintentionally amusing effect). Roger's speech abounds with delightfully funny malapropisms, and one is left to wonder if perhaps the God of whom he speaks isn't left to share the old sentiment once expressed by the philosopher Immanuel Kant:
    God save me from my friends, my enemies I can handle on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vigilance Saints Arise - Gregory Spasia. I am a sympathetic Vocalist my self, known to post with Doug Thieme, and Larry Farkas. Lyrically I'm Holy. And know of Christian Catholic works. There may be room for repentance in all of our lives. Forgive and forget. I'm a Franciscan who Forgets not, God's mercy endures forever. Contact me if you wish Roger

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew Roger quite well back in 1989-90 there in Hollywood. But all I will say is this: I can't cast the first stone, and he is in my prayers. If I can come out of sorcery and other shite, he can.

    ReplyDelete